Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Photocopy experiments

In these images I experimented photocopying my samples, moving them while they were photocopying to distort the image. The resulting images created interesting and unexpected shapes and colours, obscuring my original samples and I felt this process was a successful one. 

I particularly liked the way the metal elements of the samples distorted to create a metallic foil effect, which created interesting contrast with the knitted elements. I think these would create interesting prints as although they are flat pattern they have a very textural element to them. To progress this idea take it further I could print on acetate and experiment shining light through the print projecting interesting shapes and colours. 

These photocopies also provide me with inspiration for new samples. For example, the straws with crochet on them, multiplied and conjoined together in the photocopies, providing me with ideas on how to extend and scale up my samples. 


No comments:

Post a Comment