Yunko Ori
I like the freehand style of Yunko's embroideries and the way they look like abstract doodles. I think I could achieve a similar freehand aesthetic on the cornely machine. I also like the large abstract shapes of fabric, appliqued on underneath the stitching.
Christine Maueersberg
I the sense of naivety and simplicity of Maueersberg's embroideries. The shapes and lines remind me of natural forms; rocks and cells. I also think the short staccato detached lines are very effective, which is a technique I think would be most interesting when combined with more solid lines. The combination of line qualites creates a more interesting contrast.
Chris Kenny
ChrisKenny's woke is solely bout line, no colur, just black and white, which gives a simple yet bold aesthetic. The rhythmic spontaneous quality of line is very powerful, which is something I want to experiment with in my embroideries.
Cy Twombly
I like his bold eergetic use of colour and line, which has an almost violen application, yet in contrast he imbues his paintings with a childlike naivety, which creates and interesting tension.




No comments:
Post a Comment