I took photos of a wide range of art in Manchester city gallery; jewellery, ceramics, furniture, sculpture, found objects and fashion.I did not want to limit myself to any one thing, I sketched and recorded how long i spent on each drawing, room and recorded my route around the gallery. In one room there was a collection of objects collected by a couple over many decades. This was very useful for me to look at the way items were put together. The variety of objects allowed me to take inspiration from many different sources.
I have interpreted my photos and sketches in these drawings, while also considering how to translate things such as the way my eyes moved around a painting or the time i spent looking at something. I like how its not obvious how I have translated this except to me, like a code.
The bold line on this continuous line drawing of a woman is to map the route my eyes travelled across the painting.
No comments:
Post a Comment