Thursday, 20 February 2014

Drawing Development

I drew a collection of shells and stones using a range of different media and techniques; such as pen and ink, oil bar, charcoal and pencil. The most effective techniques were using oil bar to imprint onto another piece of paper. I first did more representational figurative drawing of the objects using pen and ink and then I tried a technique I had found effective in one of the drawing days; diffping the objects themselves in ink and printing with them. I really liked the mark making, qualities of line and patterns this created. I then photocopied these drawing, but manipulated them by enlarging and moving the drawings while photocopying. This distorted my drawings and created new patterns, marks and rhythms. I pushed this further by tracing these drawings and then overlaying them over other phtocopies. I will now think about how I can translate these marks and qualities of line using different embroidery technques.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment