By drawing an image and then drawing it multiple times in different colours, I achieved a layering effect in which the original image became obscured, creating unexpected relationships and negative space. This could be developed further by using different medias together and combining different scales and subjects.
This drawing was made using twigs dipped in ink, the tool I used has given the drawing a more loose and abstract aesthetic, which is in contrast to an architectural subject that is quite linear and precise. This media and technique also gives the drawing a sense of movement.
I layered different drawings on trace paper over one another (*see above left), by doing this these drawings are about the relationship to each other in terms of shape, quality of line, colour, rather than singular drawings. I could develop this further, through different subjects and materials, perhaps magnifying certain elements so they become distorted, while other elements are treated with a more detailed approach. I think the continuous line drawing on the right is effective as it captures the detail and structure of the building, while this quick technique imbues a sense of spontaneity and character.
This drawing uses twigs of varying thickness dipped in ink, and I particularly like the different qualities of line achieved, how a heavy and solid black line then runs into a broken fragile series of fine lines. It also reminds of calligraphy and chinese scroll drawings.
These are experimentations and drawings using drawing tools that I created.
I felt that mark making achieved in the drawings using objects and tools dipped in indian ink were effective. I think this technique produced the most original drawings, with an interesting combination of line qualities and a sense of movement, vitality, depth and texture.
No comments:
Post a Comment