In these drawings I disassembled a bracelet, and dipped different parts of it in indian ink and white paint, which I then printed onto A2 paper. I like the mark making and pattern that it creates and how you cannot tell what the original object was. I like the repetitive linear effect of the mark making, which reminds of computer mechanics. The first drawing was very graphic and crisp but by adding the white paint it made it more textural and dimensional. I manipulated the image by smudging and moving the object in ink, creating more horizontal and vertical lines.
I then used the photocopier as a tool to distort the image, by moving it while in the photocopier. This created more variation in marks, with some elongated and others shortened into staccato marks. It also gave the images a less uniform and regimented aesthetic. I developed this by further distorting the images by cutting them up and creating 3D structures.
I like how I developed this idea and how I used the photocopier as a tool, which is a technique I would like to continue using with my knit samples to produce new ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment