I extracted my colour palette from my line drawings of leaf silhouettes. Initially I painted out my colour palette and then combined that with collage to experiment further with colour, proportion and pattern.
I have interpreted this collage (above left) into knit samples, using the e-wrapping technique to create floats, and the latch tool to create lace holes. I think the contrast of weights in these samples has worked well. I have also tried to use a variation of different yarn thicknesses and textures to echo the different media and line qualities that were in my drawings. I took time to select yarns that had similar qualities to my collage. I have also tried to interpret the transparency of the trace paper images in my drawings by using very fine yarn and the needle out technique.
I like the pattern and proportions in this collage, however the colours are not quite in keeping with my colour palette as they are a slightly too bright and primary.
No comments:
Post a Comment